Torn or shredded fins are usually a result of aggressive chasing and nipping behavior in your aquarium. There are many solutions to the problem, including removing the aggressor or the victim to another tank, or re-arranging the decorations to disturb the established territories in your aquarium. It is possible that the torn fins are attributed to a bacterial infection in this situation torn fins are usually accompanied by red or white blotches. Treatments are available at Big Al’s. Follow the directions on the medication and follow proper aquarium husbandry practices to avoid a relapse.
Articles in this section
- What is the nitrogen cycle?
- How do I safely clean a glass aquarium before setting it up?
- Should I rinse the gravel before adding it to the aquarium?
- I see a hard, whitish build-up on the glass and equipment. What is it and how do I remove it?
- When can I add fish to my new aquarium?
- What types of fish should I add to my aquarium?
- My water is cloudy. How can I clear the water?
- My water is green!?
- My water has a very bad smell to it. How can I eliminate the smell?
- Why should I test the water in my aquarium?