There are many factors that can cause your fish’s eye to appear cloudy. One of the most common causes is poor water quality. Check your water parameters and make necessary changes if nitrates, nitrites or ammonia are above acceptable levels. Doing regular water changes and properly maintaining your filter will help maintain a healthy environment for your fish. A good maintenance routine will ensure cloudy eye and related bacterial infections are rare if ever.
Articles in this section
- What is the nitrogen cycle?
- How do I safely clean a glass aquarium before setting it up?
- Should I rinse the gravel before adding it to the aquarium?
- I see a hard, whitish build-up on the glass and equipment. What is it and how do I remove it?
- When can I add fish to my new aquarium?
- What types of fish should I add to my aquarium?
- My water is cloudy. How can I clear the water?
- My water is green!?
- My water has a very bad smell to it. How can I eliminate the smell?
- Why should I test the water in my aquarium?