Bad smelling water is usually a sign that something is decaying inside the aquarium. Trying to locate the source of and removing it (i.e. dead fish/uneaten food etc.) this along with a partial water change while gravel cleaning plus the addition of new activated carbon should rectify this problem.
Articles in this section
- What is the nitrogen cycle?
- How do I safely clean a glass aquarium before setting it up?
- Should I rinse the gravel before adding it to the aquarium?
- I see a hard, whitish build-up on the glass and equipment. What is it and how do I remove it?
- When can I add fish to my new aquarium?
- What types of fish should I add to my aquarium?
- My water is cloudy. How can I clear the water?
- My water is green!?
- My water has a very bad smell to it. How can I eliminate the smell?
- Why should I test the water in my aquarium?